ZWERG332Single Board Computer with MC68332, 25MHz
... Simply gigantic!
The ZWERG332 is quasi the big brother of the other boards of the ZWERG series. First the ZWERG11A, next ZWERG11plus and then ZWERG332, the top-ZWERG, regarding performance and speed (although of the same small size of only 51mm x 54mm). In contrast to the other members of the ZWERG family, it is not based on the MC68HC11, but on the controller MC68332 from Motorola. The high clock frequency of 25MHz (HC11: 2MHz) and the 32Bit CPU make it a powerful embedded controller. The MC68332 also has an improved timer system compared to the HC11. It consists of a separate TPU (Time Processing Unit), allowing different functions to be executed simultaneously on 16 channels (e.g. Input Capture, Output Compare, PWM...).
The ZWERG332 has 512KB battery-buffered SRAM and 512KB on-board-programmable FLASH.
The serial interface, with transmission rates up to 500kBit/s, can be connected to various IF-Modules, allowing different standards (e.g. RS232 or RS485).
In addition the MC68332 provides a SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) for fast serial I/O devices like the on-board A/D converter TLC2543 from Texas instruments.
The RTC is also connected to the SPI.
Moreover, the ZWERG332 is equipped with a BDM (Background-Debugging-Mode) connector. BDM not only allows debugging programs, but also direct communication with the CPU, downloading and programming the FLASH.
- Board 51mm x 54mm, 6 layers
- CPU32 MC68332 with 25MHz
- TPU (A-mask) with 16 universal timer channels, G-mask loadable
- System clock generation with PLL, 131kHz to 25MHz software-controlled
- Watchdog timer, bus timeout timer
- Performance about 20 times higher compared to Z80 (4MHz)
- With ECO-C 2060 Dhrystones, inline version 3380 Dhrystones
- Current consumption ca. 100mA (with ADC and IF232LP)
- Low power modes, battery operation possible
- 512KB static RAM, battery-buffered
- 512KB FLASH including boot block and NICO monitor
- TLX+/PIF-Bus for system extensions, for example graphic LCDs, TLXusb
- The processor bus signals are only partially accessible (8Bit data / 8Bit addresses)
- 17 I/O port lines
- Serial interface on IF-module connector
- SPI (serial interface for peripheral components like parallel I/O, AD/DA converters etc.)
- Background-Debugging-Mode connector
- Real Time Clock plus battery
- A/D converter 12Bit, 11 channels
- Cross-C-compiler (ECO-C and/or WinECO-C) and source level debugger (EDB) available
- C-library-sources for ZWERG332 (supplied with ECO-C)
- Real Time Clock (on inquiry)
For a start we offer a complete development kit:
*VAT and shipment not included. Quantity discounts on inquiry.
Part Code Details EUR* z332-ent ZWERG332 development kit, scope of supply as described above 495.95 z332-ent-win Like z332-ent, but with WinECO-C instead of ECO-C 935.66 z332-1 ZWERG332 board 209.74 batt Option battery 4.00 z332-hb ZWERG332 manual (including disk with hardware definition files) 15.34 - MC68332, QSM, TPU and CPU32 manuals -
www.mct.net: Products: Single Board Computers